Tuesday 28 July 2009

breakfast dates and changing focus.

phases. seasons. chapters.

coffee.

today is early morning. shopping. dorky older brothers. (thankyou). BFF + Famous canadian friend. Pancakes. Bananas. Strawberries.
BIG Emails. CDs. D-Dawg.. Walmer Castle. Patricia reunion. Cinema....
Adventure.

only a couple of days till Alisha flies to Israel... And I go to faithcamp the next morning...
busy busy busy.

So exciting.

Life is exciting.

I love breakthrough that happens when you least expect it.
When you most want it.

The Starbucks Race = GENIUS!
Sorrell, that definately needs to happen more randomly, more often!

too much of anything is bad for you.
I should finish that song sometime.

you know what?
sometimes...
sometimes life is ridiculously hard.
And sometimes it's really easy to either try to be fun. and funny. and happy. and "ok"
or
to be really down... and focus on all the rubbish... and be saturated in despair and the hopelessness of it all...
but
more and more
I'm discovering the actual reality
of
setting the course of my emotions/feelings/life
by choosing what kind of stuff to focus on...
I think I've probably blogged on it before.
It's such a huge issue...
I just started reading "Battlefield of The Mind" by Joyce Meyer
and it's incredible...
I highly recommend it.
So many truths...

It's interesting to me how it's so much easier to believe lies... and to listen to negativity...
when truth is so much more freeing!
why is it SUCH a battle?

I guess it's character building or something... to learn when to fight, when to stand... when to rest... when to speak... when not to... when to move on... when to move out... when to stay... when to walk away... when to face the...whatever stuff...

my brain is such a full up overflowing thing right now.

im learning.
always learning.

boys are weird.

so are flies... Did you know that flies bite?! One landed on me and bit my arm!
so funny!

Freedom Begins.

Beauty is as beauty does.

i wanna be beautiful on the inside.
i want to carry a spirit of humility and excellence in every area...
i dislike the inconsistancies within me.
having a ministry and calling on my life is all very well...
but it's nothing without good character...

God... make me like you! Make me authentic... and free... help me choose freedom and walk out in truth EVERY day...
You are all I need. You are all that matters...
"let my lifesong sing to you"
not just the chorus part... the WHOLE song...
All I want my life to do is bring glory to You...

1 comment:

  1. At MC4, we've been going through a teaching series called 1 John-- The Heretics Guide to Jesus and today we talked about the difference between knowledge and integration... How so many people KNOW what the right thing to do is, they KNOW how to live for God, they know the bible... All these things. But it doesn't mean anything unless it's integrated into your life and becomes who you are.
    Just thought it was kinda funny how the same things are being talked about eight thousand miles apart.
    I hope faith camp goes GREAT for you and I hope the beauty lesson seeps in.

    One last thing, embrace your inconsistencies. Not all of them are necessarily negative. Inconsistencies are real and they're truth. I do recognize the side of wanting the sin out of your life, but embrace them while you have them because they will definitely go away if you work at it.

    ReplyDelete