Saturday 24 January 2009

Remember

Sometimes I wonder why we're so forgetful.

Just a few months ago we could have a conversation and I would forget it within seconds.
My hands were COVERED in reminders.
I would ask everybody to remind me about everything.
I would warn people that I would probably forget things.
And forget things I did.
I forgot instructions soon after being given them... large chunks of my childhood... just gone. Even significant parts of my "life story" just
gone.
And I would get SO frustrated at myself.
When I had been in NY for a while one day Ness pointed out that I hadn't written on my hand for a while and that I actually had a pretty good memory these days.
It made a nice change!
Spiritual affects the physical.
I'm learning that more and more.

But

there's another load of forgetfulness that we suffer from too.

We forget to be grateful for what we have.
We forget the goodness of God.
We forget that life doesn't always have to go our way for it to be ok.
We forget how important prayer, worship, fellowship and accountability are.
We forget that it's ok to fall... but we need to fall into His arms, not onto our own two feet.
We forget to rest.
We forget to trust.
We forget about faith.
We forget that God cannot lie. It's just impossible.
We forget that there is a real battle going on... an epic battle of good vs evil. Pick a team.(P.S The good already won.)
We forget to pursue truth. The truth really has, does and will set us free.
We forget to laugh. I think it's important to be full of joy. Even in adversity. Laughter is VERY healing!

I am guilty as charged on all of the above.
and then some.

But we should just remember to take it easy and not let stuff consume us.
Unless it's God. God should consume us.

When we're worrying or full of fear... or doubt... or working a lot... or excited about something cool that happened... or just anything really, it's easy to forget that God wants to be centre of that...
And when we go to Him first with EVERYTHING, just watch everything fall into place!

We should encourage eachother to speak positively. Words have power. Really. They do.
We can speak things into existance. What are you creating with your words?
In the Bible it talks about how our words have the power of life and death.
I personally would prefer to be speaking good things into the lives of my friends and family... and strangers... and myself.
How about you?
I've found that when we focus on the good stuff, the bad stuff doesn't seem so evident anyway.

Let's ask the Lord to help us to live life with His eyes, with His ears... Let's ask Him to saturate us. To flood us with zest and tenacity... to teach how to respect ourselves and eachother... To show us how to be more than real - to be authentic... Let's ask Him to show us how to correctly prioritise our lives... To take us to new levels of obedience and humility.

I pray that we would speak with more than words.
I pray that truth would become more than "cliche."
I pray that we would live out the freedom that already belongs to us.

I pray that we wouldn't settle for second best.
I pray that we would be a constant source of encouragement and blessing and truth to those around us.
I pray that even in the darkest places we're so rooted in the love of Christ that we can't help but shine.

I pray that we would realise our true authority in Christ and walk in it.
I pray that we would no longer be bound and crippled by fears and insecurities.
I pray that wherever we're at on this journey that we would know the reality of Jesus and what he did for us... and the implications of the cross today.

I pray that we would have teachable spirits that we may learn everything that God has for us in every situation.
I pray that we wouldn't be afraid to dream and have goals and acheive.
I pray that God truly would have first place in our hearts and lives.

Let it be so.

1 comment:

  1. So true Tash, so true. Thanks for making me think! :0)

    ReplyDelete