Tuesday 23 December 2008

LoveLoveLove

I woke up at 6:30 this morning... now it's nearly 8.
I woke up because I had a dream about a friend... Its wasn't a happy dream.

After being awake and not being able to go back to sleep (I think it was cause my heart was pounding so violently!) I signed into Facebook and was just catching up with a few emails etc and then my friend updated their status... So I signed into the Instant Messenger and we had an awesome talk... He's really struggling with some things right now and it was good to talk with him, even if it was just for a short time...

After he signed out to go to bed, I was also talking to another friend who was crazy-excited about Jesus! She was just typing away about all these things... I shared about how I'd been in a bit of a funk recently and that now I felt slight breakthrough...
I said how I feel like I'm breaking out of my chrysalis and every now and then I get a glorious glimpse of sunlight and breathe in the fresh air... and then fall back into the cocoon thing...
She said how it was just a season and how I just needed to cling onto HOPE and LOVE.
I told her how sometimes I felt like they were on this bar that I just couldn't reach sometimes... That sometimes it seemed like they were this metal pole that was playing a game that was the opposite of the chicken limbo and that the bar just got higher and higher and further and further out of reach.
Then I laughed and shared this random picture that I got:
Ok, you know those metal poles that people use to do those pull up things? I think they're called chin ups...
And you know in the movies there's always the one little guy that can't do it?
So, that's me.
And then you know how sometimes you get the kind other guy who picks up the weak kid and holds them up and moves them up and down? Taking all of the strain... but the little guy is the one holding onto the pole...
So the big, strong, kind guy... That's like Jesus.
Most girls I know HATE being picked up and carried... I know I sure as heck do.
But I guess that's all we need to do is to give permission for Jesus to be our strong superhero type guy and pick us up and hold us up to the bar of hope and love... Let's face it... If he's got the whole world in His hands, it's not like He can't hold our weight too!

Love has been coming up a lot in these 2 hours that I've been awake... Even in my dream actually...
But yeah, blogs about it... conversation (well, IM anyway!)... thoughts...
Sometimes it's really easy for 1 Corinthians to become cliche... But i think it's one of the most incredible verses and it's one I know I definately need to be reminded of more often!

The Way of Love
1 If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate. 2If I speak God's Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, "Jump," and it jumps, but I don't love, I'm nothing. 3-7If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love.

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.

8-10Love never dies. Inspired speech will be over some day; praying in tongues will end; understanding will reach its limit. We know only a portion of the truth, and what we say about God is always incomplete. But when the Complete arrives, our incompletes will be canceled.

11When I was an infant at my mother's breast, I gurgled and cooed like any infant. When I grew up, I left those infant ways for good.

12We don't yet see things clearly. We're squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won't be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We'll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us!

13But for right now, until that completeness, we have three things to do to lead us toward that consummation: Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love.

(The Message Bible)

No comments:

Post a Comment