Thursday 8 January 2009

Ready.

I started writing a new blog a few days ago.
Then my internet disconnected and reset everything I was doing.
I lost the blog.
I should do the smart thing that Jane does and write it in word and save it as I go along!

These past couple of weeks have been awesome. So revelatory.
I love how evident God is.

One day as I was journalling I was just praying and tell God about how I was ready.
Ready to stop looking at myself and the wounds and flaws that need to be gone, but ready to look outwardly and be strong... but only in His strength.
It's funny how since then I have had intense times nearly every day of speaking with people - some that I know, some that I don't- and just seeing God do such powerful things!
Words have power.
We need to make sure we're speaking words of truth and encouragment to eachother.
Sometimes I think it's so easy to get caught up trying to "better" eachother (or even ourselves)
that we get critical and see only the parts with "room for improvement..."
I agree that as iron sharpens iron so friends should sharpen eachother...
But let's remember to speak in love.
If we're only seeing eachother's faults how can we be patient and kind and selfless with each other?
Love over powers all of the stuff we do wrong.

Some of my journal entry from sunday is a prayer... I wanted to share part of it with you guys.
This is my heart's cry... I pray that it would be encouraging to you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
God
You are so good! Thankyou for who You are.
God I need change.
Fill me with grace.
Fill me with compassion.
Increase my capacity to love. Let me love with your love.
Let me breathe forgiveness and mercy. Let me radiate life and truth.

Take away every harsh edge of my heart, every unkind thought or word - spoken or unspoken.

Stir up the dormant passions within me.
Give me words to encourage and edify.
Give me courage to stand up for my convictions.

Saturate me with love that I may freely love and be loved.

Lord, I want to walk into a room and for the atmosphere to be changed.
I want to bring peace and joy and righteousness into conversation and atmosphere.

Refresh me that I can be alert and ready at all times.

God, thankyou for freedom. Thankyou that I am free of so much.
I know there is more.
Show me the areas I need to give to you, to surrender.

Flood me with patience! 'Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.'

Show me how to guard my heart without barricading it.

Give me a teachable spirit that I may graciously learn from every situation and circumstance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is completely different to what I sat down to blog about... but hey!
I'll finish with this quote my friend told me this week

"When you come to the end of all the light you know
and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown,
faith is knowing that one of two things shall happen:
Either you will be given something solid to stand on
or you will be taught to fly."
-Edward Teller

No comments:

Post a Comment