Saturday 15 November 2008

Regardless of me.

I should be getting ready. I'm babysitting in just over 1/2 hour. A little guy who's slightly disabled. I have no idea how to entertain him for 5 hours! I think we're gonna go to the lake and feed the ducks.
He's cute.
So I spoke at the women's meeting yesterday and I don't even think I have time right now to explain what happened... but I think I got a glimpse of what part of my ministry is/will be...
The Holy Spirit was so strong. I told them that it was funny cause half of them used to be my sunday school teachers and now I was at the front lol!
There were 16 or 17 ladies I think and it was DEFINATELY God speaking through me cause there were wet eyeballs all round.
Not that it's about whether people cry or not.
But I think that normally that's a good indication of Holy Spirit healing times in people's hearts.
I got to pray with 2 ladies who came up to me afterwards.
Let me share briefly about the second lady.
I saw her on the other side of the room kind of debating whether to come up to me...
Finally she made up her mind and came over and asked me to pray. She's just started leading worship in a church... but the church sounds like its quite religious so she's afraid to do anything other than what they're used to: verse, chorus, verse, chorus, chorus end.
kind of thing and a few other things and i'm praying all this stuff... sometimes I stumbled over my words and got somewhat tongue tied... but after the "Amen" part I looked up at her and saw her with her eyes still closed and tears streaming down her face.
i LOVED that! Purely because it reminded me of how glorious God is!!
It didn't matter that I was 19, praying for a lady in her 40s... it didn't matter that I sometimes couldn't formulate sentences and kept stuttering... all that mattered was that we were both open to the Lord... and He moved!
I love how He can use us regardless of ourselves!

Prayer requests for this now of my life are:
-> Finances -I need a miracle this week.
-> An increasing awareness of the Holy Spirit
-> My family - salvations, courage, financial stuff, wisdom etc
-> More songs - I feel like that there are songs just swimming around my soul... but I need to get them out!
->Rest - at the right times. I'm not sleeping well at all... Since being back from NY I've found myself caught in a BAD sleeping pattern....
-> A JOB!



No comments:

Post a Comment