Wednesday 19 November 2008

Butterfly Flutterby

I have butterflies in my tummy.
For no apparent reason.
It's happened more than once today.
It's been 1 and a 1/2 hours since this bout started.
And sometimes its uncomfortable and almost hurts!
Weird.

Joy said that maybe it means God's about to do something big.
Maybe she's right.

Who knows.

This week I've been watching a lot of Christian TV.
Well, actually.. not alot. I generally don't like TV... but this week I've managed to watch actually quite a bit of decent stuff!
Secular TV is pretty much full of trash
and most times Christian TV is budget and REALLY christianese and just.. cheesy.
Or made in 1929.

I watched an INCREDIBLE woman's conference... part of one at Hillsong, Australia... I think its called Colour or something...
But John Bevere's wife was speaking - Lisa.
It was phenomenal!
She was funny, witty, "Christian" AND SO REAL!

I've also been watching a lot of Joyce Meyer stuff... So interesting!
There were a couple of programmes that I recorded where she and christian psychologist Dr Kevin Leman.
It was awesome!
They were talking about how your memories CAN affect you but don't HAVE to.

I guess he wrote a book on it too,
They were talking about the normal patterns of behaviour depending on what the birth order in your family is... Firstborn, middle and youngest.
What happens if you're an only child...
or in a family of more than 3?!

They were talking about how children are like cement and the "wet" malleable part, is in the early years of a child's life... and what happens in a child's formative years will shape behaviour patterns throughout their lives.

It's funny too how a person can be pointing something out that you need to change in your life... a completely true thing... but the way that it's said can affect it so much...
The difference between guiding and critisising.

As a first born apparently it's easier to remember negative events, to be perfectionist (even in remembering things) to be critical... They're the guinea pig! They tend to need to dominate and be in control and HATE surprises.
Apparently, the middle child spends a lot of time comparing themself and have memories with a lot of people in them
The baby of the family is more likely to remember birthdays, christmases, surprises and be quite airy fairy about a lot of things.

I can definately see a lot of similarities with these...
I like surprises though. When I don't know that there's a surprise that's gonna happen... you know?
And the other stuff - being critical and dominating and I guess manipulative... It's stuff I've definately been aware of in my heart and life but THANK the LORD for healing and patterns being broken!
I don't think I'm completely free of everything, but heck knows I am a looooong way on from where I've been.

Thank God for change.

No comments:

Post a Comment