Friday 3 April 2009

Freedom is as Freedom does.

"Freedom doesn't come from denial. It's is more than a word... It's not a sentence... It is to face, deal with and recognise those behavioural patterns that need changing... and then to change them."

That's a revelation I had yesterday.
If I want freedom... I have to face a reality... I have to embrace it...
Ignoring something's existance doesn't make it go away...

As much as I wish it would...!


Yesterday I had to recognise a truth... And now for all of my todays I have to keep recognising it...
But
my freedom is knowing that I do not have to live under or in it.
The truth is that it is a lie.
And I am no longer bound by it.
If I choose not to be.
I don't understand all of the "why's" about it...
But I don't have to.
I understand that the price of freedom has already been paid...
So I don't need to keep trying to pay.
I couldn't even if I tried...

I will know the truth, and truth alone, shall (and has and will continue to) set me free.

1 comment: