Sunday 23 November 2008

Out of Time.

I’m sat on the plane. I don’t have much time before my battery runs out.

When I see Joy I will have been travelling for over 30 hours. That’s longer than it took me to get to NZ! I’m on the flight from Gatwick to Charlotte at the moment, I have a 4 hour stopover (where I get to see an old friend and her new baby!) and then onto JFK... then a 1:15am bus in Manhattan. Madness.

I read this verse in the Bible earlier (I had 2 hours of waiting around in Gatwick!) and I think it was in Ecclesiastes... It said something like “Don’t look back on the ‘good times’. That is foolish.” And it got me thinking. I guess what Solomon was trying to say was about the whole living in today not yesterday thing... But I just wonder where the balance is... I guess it’s ok to remember and think about the past sometimes... but not to dwell on and try to recapture every second of it... Cause there’s a definite beauty in today, but not if we’re trying to make it was yesterday was... I don’t know.

I have no concept of time right now! As I write this, its 6:45pm in England, but I don’t even know what the local place is, let alone the time zone...

It’s a pretty bizarre concept when you think about it... being almost out of time, but not really.
You know what would be really epic? If they had wireless internet on the plane!

I wonder if Jane’s had her baby yet. I personally think he’s waiting for Sunday... That’s the day I get there ;)

Nadine arrives in JFK today too... but she gets there a while before me. If she still doesn’t know I’m going to surprise her... it’s pretty funny to my soul.
While she was staying at my house when I first got back a couple of weeks ago, the amount of times people slipped up and said stuff is shocking!

But I think we covered pretty well. I hope so.

I’m so excited about this week. It’s kind of bittersweet though because it’s more goodbyes and not knowing the next time we get to see each other again...
I havn’t seen Jon and JJ in 10 months and I havn’t seen Joni in 9 months... So it’s SO good to be able to see them for the weekend! (It’ll be good to see Nadine too but it’s different cause I just saw her 3 weeks ago =P) I guess we’re all so different now. I wonder how it will be...
It’ll be so good to be all together again!

Hopefully this week is full of good things.
My battery’s about to die so I should probably save this and shut down...

But in closing...
God still astounds me. I can’t believe that He is just so... I don’t even know what word to use! I just stared at the computer screen for a good while... cause how do you capture God in one word?

Pretty much, you don’t...

But I wish more people could just know the reality of Him, the freedom in Him and the adventures with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment