Saturday 22 November 2008

I Stand In Awe.

What a day!

Its nearly 2:30am and I still havn't packed... and I still have to shower...
and I leave at 6:30 to get to Gatwick...
I just got off the phone with Ashley and then Livi...
I just love them.
Ashley's phone died after a short time but it was so good to hear just a bit of what the Lord has done in her life in the last few months since we last got to speak....
And Livi... She just blesses my soul... So much...

Tonight I got given money. Randomly.
I'm choosing not to write exactly how because I want it to kind of stay anonymous... But I got given $100 and instructions to buy a coat and whatever else I need...
I also got given £40 towards travel and whatever else I need.
Also I got given $100 dollars and 3 items to buy and whatever change there is I can have.
SO.
In total, in the last 3 days I have been given $220!! plus the change from the $100...
I get money left over after my travel costs!!
How Great Is Our God???
Some people have said to me before
" After the last couple of years, you of all people should know God's provision."
And yes, I do... and I should...
but
like I said in my last entry, its that vicious cycle...
and most of the money that has been provided before has been for mission stuff... This is just a holiday!
And the fact that God cares enough about me to not let me fall flat on my face, kissing the foreign soil... It astounds me!
The past couple of days I've been just claiming God's promises.
Not out of panic... But just as "God! You have said that You are my shepherd and I SHALL NOT BE IN WANT... You've said that if I ask I WILL RECEIVE..." And thanking Him that He's perfect and cannot go back on His promises...
I love that His Grace alone is sufficient...
That even though I'm so selfish and full of bad attitudes some of the time... He still provides.

Tonight I went to a joint worship and praise night... it was Raze (14-17s) and Avenue (18s-30s)
and it was really good to just... worship... to let go and worship...

Afterwards I was kind of sat at the back of the hall... not wanting to leave, but not wanting to talk to anyone... I was still just in awe of God and slightly speechless (I think I made up for it on the phone with Liv though haha!)
and so I was reading the Bible... I read a bit of Esther and a bit of Job...

Anna came up to me. She's 14 and she just loves Jesus! I love how much she's grown in the last 3/4 months!
She came and caught my eye and laughed and then she just started praying for me!
Just all this stuff... that was just so... perfect! (Isn't it cool that it doesn't matter what age you are, you can still hear the voice of God?!)
She got this picture that was so... spot on... I couldn't help but smile when part of it was that I was dancing...
When I was in NY... nearly every day something would come up about dance.
Its a big area in my life that is being worked on. Freedom to Dance... It's coming!

I love God.
It makes me sad that so many Christians even, just don't know the reality of God...

Cause seriously... who gets sent money in the mail and handed hundreds of dollars in one night...!?


No comments:

Post a Comment