Tuesday 17 March 2009

Be Encouraged.

I do not claim to know everything... or anything... about you...
I do not claim to know much about your yesterdays... or how they brought you to today.
I do not claim to know any of your dreams... or fears...
I do not claim to know your favourite colour or what you like to do with your spare time.
I do not claim to know your opinions about this or feelings about that...
I do not claim to understand exactly what it is you're going through or why you're going through it.
I do not claim to be able to fix anything.
I do not claim to be your answer.

This is what I claim, this is what I know:

You are a wonderful human being. You are witty. You are NOT a waste of space. You are intelligent. You are vital. You are bold.You are NOT a screw up. You are cherished. You are beautiful and You havn't disgraced anyone. You are accepted, You are loved... Not because of anything in particular you've done, or havn't done... just because of who you are...

Do not live in "shoulda, woulda, coulda."
What's done is done.
You've made mistakes... but honestly, who hasn't!?
What happened happened and yeah... there are consequences...
but too, there is forgiveness and mercy... and justice.

Let truth be the platform that allows you to receive the grace that has your name all over it.

Let hope propel you into your future.

Don't let shame or guilt consume your precious mind and don't let hatred get tangled up in your precious heart.

I encourage you to let this situation that you've found yourself in become a catalyst from negative to positive;
from darkness to light; from pain to freedom...

For what it's worth
I'm proud of you. I'm proud of your courage. I'm proud that you're beginning to face everything that you are afraid of and bring things out into the open. I'm proud that you're not taking the seeming "easy way out..." I'm proud that you're not giving up.

You're stronger than you know.
As you come to see that this season, which may seem to be a hard, unfair, perplexing season...
is such an opportunity for victory; you will also see how much you have grown and changed for good...

Let it be so.

Be encouraged.
You are going to be able to look back on this time and see God's faithfulness and providence.
You will see how He truly is holding your life in the palms of His hands.
You will see that He has not failed or abandoned you...
You will see how He can work every thing into a good thing (Let Him!)

May you truly learn what it is to let joy be your strength.
May you truly be saturated with peace, not heartache.
May you truly know what it is to let God swap the ashes and re clothe you in beauty.

May you dance.
May you laugh.
May you sing.
May you shine.
May you dream.

I'm excited for what your future holds.

p.s it's ok for you to be too!

3 comments:

  1. awe! tash! thanks for writing this! So encouraging! :) Needed to read this just now. i LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this ministered to me so much today. Thank you beautiful friend!

    ReplyDelete